Want to become part of a small, close-knit team? We’re big enough to compete with the “national brands” and small enough that we still know and care about every one of our staff.
We are always on the lookout for people that share our positive attitudes about supporting each other and our customers. While knowledge and experience matter, a positive, “can-do” attitude really makes the difference.
HRR Rentals (High River Rentals, Inc.) has been serving the community for 30 years and has grown from a small town “Mom & Pop” shop to an industry competitor worthy of a large and loyal customer base.
This position is located at our Head Office location, in High River, Alberta. This position is full-time and permanent. Wage range is $23.80 (2nd yr apprentice) to $34 (Journeyman) / hour.
In this position, “Heavy Equipment Technician”, you will report directly to the Service Manager and work closely with the Foreman to advance your skills and quality of work within our shop environment.
You’ll work on a very wide range of equipment – most of which requires a lot of knowledge in hydraulics. You’ll have the support of your peers and periodic manufacturer training is made available.
Main Job Responsibilities:
– Inspect rental fleet each time is comes back from a job.
– Trace and diagnose failures one gear to ensure maximum reliability.
– Requisition parts and make repairs as faults are found on equipment.
– Write reports and inspection forms with accuracy.
– Maintain assigned work space to ensure a clean, safe environment.
– Communicate with peers, other departments and customers effectively.
– Follow established safe work practices and report any safety deficiencies.
Requirements of this position:
– Enrolled in and progressing through the Alberta apprenticeship program.
– Reached at least the 2nd year Apprenticeship level.
– Have 2 years of relevant experience on Heavy Duty / Hydraulic Equipment.
– Ability to work independently in and as part of a team.
– Have a flexible schedule as some overtime is required.
– Have tools required for typical day-to-day tasks (speciality shop tools are provided).
Of course, HRR Rentals offers a competitive wage and benefits in line with the industry.